Saturday, August 25, 2012

August update

I know I say this every month, but August has flown by, I cant believe it is the last week of August and I am still here with no baby. Well we tried to keep busy during this month and fit every last minute thing in as possible. 
Swimming never gets old, especially when you are lucky enough to find frogs at the pool when you go. This was the biggest one we have found yet and I am sure the boys killed it by playing with it so much, they loved it. Hank was so excited because he was taking it surfing. All I can say is poor frog.
Nate and I bought this groupon for a beginners pottery class, and wanted to get that in before the baby came. The instructor taught us how to make tea kettles, but Nate didnt want a tea kettle so he made him self a candy jar, or a sweet tooth jar. Haha what a nerd. It was such a fun date I cant wait to get my tea kettle back.

The Library put on a fun lego class for kids one day, where you have an amount of time to build a project. This is what Cooper came up with, he was pretty excited about it, I think he called it his machine. 
Another groupon we had, was a sushi making class, Nates look a little more professional than mine. 

The boys seem to find new ways to entertain themselves through out the day
Our nights were consumed by the Olympics the couple weeks it was on and we all love it. So after it was over, Cooper planned an Olympic night for the family. The events were as follows, A road race, a foot race and some tramp gymnastics. Swimming was on the agenda, but the rain put a damper on that. The boys are determined to be the next Micheal Phelps. 
Of course it ended with a medal ceremony, way to go my little athletes! 
And we decided about a week and a half before this baby is due that we wanted to paint, so we did one wall in the boys room, I really like the red wall. 
And since this is all you get for the babies room, since hers is not done yet. Stay tuned to see what we did. 
It has been a fun busy month, I am grateful for expiring groupons, gift cards from doctors and chaperoning at stake dances that have made it so Nate and I have been on 1 if not 2 dates a week this month! Its also our birthday month for the kids and cant wait for the little one to arrive.

1 comment:

Colette said...

WOW you guys have been busy. I can't wait to see your teapot all fired and finished! Love the red wall. We are thinking of painting Eli's room sometime.