Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Better late then never

So its officially been 2 weeks since we have been home and I decided now is a good time to talk about Christmas. We spent the week before Christmas at my parents house getting ready for all of its festivities. My parents actually went to Nauvoo for Christmas so we all had it early. The first part of the week was busy finishing up Christmas presents (with the help of my mom) I made this cute diaper bag for my sister-in-law Annie who is expecting a little boy the end of April.
While I was working on this, Nate decided he needed a project of his own so he decided to make these for little Cooper.

So it started off as 5 different pieces of material and ended up this
PJs. for Cooper! Pretty impressive if you ask me.
The rest of the week we spent enjoying all the snow Burley received, sledding, playing in the snow, making chocolates, trip to Twin Falls, shopping and enjoying the family. We were all here except Colette and Erik. We sure missed you guys!
Every time my dad sat down to eat Cooper was right there waiting to eat as well, it was pretty funny watching him. He sure loves his Grandpa.
My Grandpa and Grandma Lambert were able to spend Sunday afternoon with up before they headed out to all the weddings, it was fun to see them. (Isn't he just the cutest old man)
Sunday evening we had Christmas with my family. Cooper couldn't get enough of opening presents. He loved it, after he was done opening his, he moved on to mine and Nate's.
Last year my dad started giving Cooper and Carson a tractor for Christmas. Last years was a tiny little one and this year it was just a bit bigger coming with a plow. We joke that by time the boys are 16 they will have their very own full size tractor out in the field. Cooper decided he needed one for each hand apparently.
We attempted to get a cousin picture with Kristina (my parents exchange student from Russia), but with 2, tired 1 years old its was next to impossible to get a good one.
We had a fun trip in Burley with family and wish it didn't go by so fast!
The night before we left we took advantage of all the snow my parents got and went snowmobiling and sledding for hours. Unfortunately the pictures didn't turn out because it was too dark. It turns out we left Burley at a good time, even though I-80 was closed and it took us 5 hours (compared to 3) to get to Tooele. If we would have left a day later, all the freeways would have been closed and we would have been stuck in Burley till after Christmas. While my parents to gone, so it all worked out that we left when we did.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Your diaper bag looks great. It has inspired me to get started on the bag that I have been wanting to make since last September. I already have the material, I just haven't had the guts to jump in. I love how "crafty" Nate is and how he isn't ashamed to create. He's awesome!

Colette said...

I wish I could have been there. I guess I will have to wait until May to see you.

What is Chantille wearing in that picture?

M&M WELLS said...

Sarah
Cute little coop I miss him so much. I might be heading your way in a couple of weeks no 100% sure yet but I will let you know
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Colette, I am wearing clothes! What do you mean?? Sarah, I loved all of your projects you made for us. coral is playing w/the paper doll right now! I'm glad you liked wicked.

Anonymous said...

Colette, I am wearing clothes! What do you mean?? Sarah, I loved all of your projects you made for us. coral is playing w/the paper doll right now! I'm glad you liked wicked.

Jodie said...

That's a really cute bag! I love the fabrics you chose. Good work. :)