Sunday, December 4, 2011

THANKSGIVING

This year was a little different, Nate had to work so I was determined to not do anything, since I wasn't cooking for the three of us. Well our good friends the Smartts who is also our Bishop invited us over for dinner, so I did help out with some cooking. 
What I really wanted to do was find a family 5K to run and let Cooper ride his bike beside me. Well this town had a few Turkey run just none that the whole family could participate in. Since Nate was working I needed something for the whole family. So my friend Lori and I planned our own family 5K. It took place around the track where the stake has their annual turkey bowl. We started off with a kids 100 dash and then any one who wanted to participate ran a 5K around the the track. We didnt have a lot of participants for our first race, but I am hoping with more planning we can get a big group next year. 
It turned out to be a great day and we enjoyed our friends opening up their home to us.  

No comments: