Our main reason why we picked the campsite we did, was because there is an 11 mile scenic road that allows bikers to ride their bikes, along with cars and walkers to view the wild life and the smoky mountains.
As we started to get ready to go biking the loop we noticed we left the connector that attaches the stroller to the bike, and all I had was my chacos and cycling shoes. So instead of the 11 mile bike ride we hoped to have, Nate and the boys biked while I ran with Kennedy in my chacos.
We started to on the trail and decided to take the 3 mile cut off, turns out I dont think Hank could have made it 11 miles that day.
And this is why. Poor guy went through a river the size of him. Thank goodness for Nate grabbing him when he did, other wise the poor kid would have floated the river unintentionally. The current was so strong and his bike is so light, that it literally swept him up and took him down the river.
We had a great ride, spring colors were in full bloom and we were able to see some wild turkeys and just missed a spotting of a black bear and her cubs.
We had to stop for some ice cream before we headed home. Yes this is Kennedy first time having ice cream.
I could not take it away from her, she practically ate the whole thing, and when I did this is what I got. A VERY. UPSET. GIRL. (how do you get ice cream out of clothes?)





No comments:
Post a Comment