Saturday, May 5, 2007

STREET SENSE TAKES IT ALL


Official run for the roses wreath being made at Kroger


Before: Our cute Horse Pinata before being decapitated


After, Nate being one of the kids trying to get as much
candy that would fit in their pockets.
Today was the famous Kentucky Derby, we celebrated it with our own party and combined it with Cinco De Mayo since it fell on the same day (Cinco de Derby). We celebrated with some good Mexican food, Derby Pie and of course a horse Pinata. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a lot of fun with the Pinata and the adults had fun betting on all the horses, with candy bars of course. My horse Imawildandcrazyguy came in 4th and Street Sense won it all. One of these years when I am feeling rich I want to go to the Derby. This year it was under a lot of security because the Queen of England came to see the race. Some of the cheapest tickets this year were in the in field which are 50$ a ticket. Pretty crazy for just grass and you don't even see the race much, but I have heard its quite fun. I enjoyed it just as much from the couch, but I have been to Church Hill Downs to see some horse races and that is a lot of fun. Anyway the picture of the roses is the actual wreath they made for the race they call it the run for the roses. They place it on the winning horse after the race. They were making it Friday at the grocery store that I was shopping at so that was pretty fun, the other pictures are of the pinata during and after the candy came out. We had a fun day.

3 comments:

Colette said...

Cool blogspot. You should really have a link to the coolest blog ever which is gibbyfamilyfun.blogspot.com
Check it out. Mom posted some pictures!

Nicole said...

Cute pictures. I have heard so much about the Derby and the winning horse- it was the topic of a few of the testimonies in testimony meeting on Sunday- silly. It would be cool to go, I hope you get to!

Emilyjo said...

You guys are so cute and your party looked like fun! Can't wait to see you soon.
Love,
EM