To start off I need to explain myself to everyone who doesn't know about me and grocery stores. I really don't like going, I wait till I absolutely have to and then go. Which by that time I only have time for one or two items so I end up going 2 or 3 times a week( I should know better growing up 20 min. away from the nearest store). Going with Nate means you are going to be there for at least an hour. Love ya babe, but I hate being there that long unless I am getting a whole month full of grocery's.
Ok so you get my point about grocery stores. Well today I was planning dinner and figured out I only needed 2 more items to make it, so I thought to myself I have 30 min. before Coopers nap I will run get those items and be done for the day. As I pull into the parking lot of Kroger every parking space is filled closest to the store. Yes even the handicap.
What day is it today...... THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH! Yeah that means senior citizen day. Every first Wednesday of the month Kroger has a senior discount day for all of the senior citizens out there, yeah its a great program, you just don't want to be there unless you like being in traffic jams at the grocery store and waiting in line for hours for them the fill out there check book(who uses checks anymore?). I figured this out the last time I came on this day and standing in the soup isle for 20 min. for some "sweat" little old lady to finally decide what soup she wanted. Then a worker asked me what I was doing here on this day since I wasn't a senior citizen my reply "I HAVE NO IDEA". Vowing to never go back on this day.
Well needless to say I ran into the store hoping my trip would be shorter this time. Nope still a cart jam in every isle and cute little ladies talking to cooper every corner we turned. We did end up getting just the few items we needed and were able to get out of there within 35 minutes.
What I am tring to say residents of Louisville don't go to Kroger on the first Wednesday of the month if you don't plan on spending your afternoon there. (I do love those little old people, my Grandpa is the cutest little man ever, I just don't enjoy grocery store encounters with them).
OK on a more exciting note, My baby is starting to WALK! We got him a little chair (his size) for his birthday and he loves to stand off of that and take off. I will have to get a video of it soon. Its the cutest thing ever, but of course he is starting to look like a garbage pail kid, with bumps and bruises all over him. Yesterday he took a good fall into the couch and gave himself a nice bloody nose, poor little guy. I promise I don't abuse my son. Pictures and video of walking soon.
6 comments:
Ah! That's so exciting that he's walking (and scary for you, I'm sure)
Oh, and I'm glad I'm now filled in on that First Wednesday of the month thing. Good to know.
Oh I totally know what you mean about the first wednesday of the month. I've gotten caught there before too! I'll never do that again! That's so exciting that cooper is starting to walk!
I can't wait to see Cooper walking, that is so exciting! And yes, I also have had that problem at Kroger. At the one by my house, they actually bus the senior citizens over from the assisted living places!!
That is so funny about the grocery store and Sr. Citizen day! I also want to say that Nick will take forever at the grocery store, but I like going with him to help me load/unload! So we make a night out of it, and Lexi is either asleep or laughing at everyone!
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Mr. Cooper walking! Lexi is almost there, but not quite!
I'VE BEEN THERE ON THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!! I totally know what you mean!!I was cracking up because I've done the same thing! I was just too dumb to learn from it! It happened a couple of times! Then you get in line behind the lady who explains why she has to buy depends!!
I hate going to the grocerie too. That is funny....the first Wednesday of the month. I can't believe he is walking already. They grow up too fast.
Post a Comment