
Well I not sure what were getting ourselves into but today we registered for the Kentucky Derby Marathon on April 26, 2008. Sarah has ran two half Marathons I have done nothing of the sort, but my mantra is "Go big or go home". We have been running for a few weeks now and I must say its feeling pretty good, next week we are really upping our miles, to ONE. I know it seems like a lot but after awhile you start to get into a groove and then the feet just seem to slip by and next thing you know you traveled half a mile, that usually when I call Sarah and ask her to come get me I don’t think I have the strength.
Okay actually last week we did 8 miles and it actually was really nice, it is quite fun to run with Sarah. Sarah is more of a natural runner then I, I would say I am more of a natural Remote operator then a runner. Alas, I have gotten the bug and I actually look forward to my runs, no not that kind of RUNS. So friends and family we really need some support on this, you have to keep us honest. We want you to ask us how the training going and we want you to guilt us into hurting our bodies. Thanks we love you too. More picture to come.
Okay actually last week we did 8 miles and it actually was really nice, it is quite fun to run with Sarah. Sarah is more of a natural runner then I, I would say I am more of a natural Remote operator then a runner. Alas, I have gotten the bug and I actually look forward to my runs, no not that kind of RUNS. So friends and family we really need some support on this, you have to keep us honest. We want you to ask us how the training going and we want you to guilt us into hurting our bodies. Thanks we love you too. More picture to come.
10 comments:
Way to go you two!! You are committed now so keep up the training. It is hard work but for some strange reason it seems all worth it when you actually finish. I will be rooting for you so keep working hard. Love, Mom
I think you guys are awesome! Don't worry, we'll keep bugging you about it. And don't forget, i'll be in the front of your cheering section with donuts for everyone! Good luck with the training.
Rock on Guys!! May the force be with you-- and definitely not against you, I don't really know what that means, but Good Luck! We will also bug you-but you are two of the most determined people I know, so...you'll do great!
You goooooo!!!! Yeah Sarah for your ambition and strength. And Nathan, I AM impressed! Keep training and the addiction is a good thing!
loves, Aunt Robin
That is so great!!! I'm excited to hear how it goes. My #1 goal is to run a marathon...I've got to accomplish a half one first though :0). Good Luck, and I'll be checking up on you two!
That is so great!!! I'm excited to hear how it goes. My #1 goal is to run a marathon...I've got to accomplish a half one first though :0). Good Luck, and I'll be checking up on you two!
That's fantastic! I loved doing the Portland Marathon last Oct and hope to do it again this Oct. What does the little one do while you two run, or does he go along in the jogger? The training can be intense--what kind of schedule are you going by? I need to find a better training program. I'm sooo excited for you two (Nate, maybe you can get Brad to do it with me) and look forward to the updates and hearing about the big day!!!
yaya for you guys! That is what I plan on doing after the next baby comes. One of my good friends is a marathon runner...running boston this april. Anyways...good luck to ya!!!
You guys exhaust me! I do think it's great though, I'll be waiting with Ali and the doughnuts! Go team!
Way to go!!!!!! You guys are awesome. I can't wait to hear how the marathon goes!
Post a Comment